BEST HILLS STATION NEAR CHANDIGARH
Kasauli a small and a must-visit cantonment hills station. This majestic town just 50 km away from Chandigarh on Chandigarh Shimla highway enveloped by the Himalayan oak and lush natural scenic beauty. It can be only accessible by the road via Chandigarh Airport, Sonwara Railway station, and Parwanoo Bus Stop. The must visit places includes Christ church, Monkey Point, Gilbert Trail, Mall Road, Tibet Market.
*_Best time to visit Kasauli_*
The absolute season to hit Kasauli is from March to November when you can get lost in the long nature walk between the tree-lined avenues.
*_Best and must visit places in Kasauli_*
- CHRIST CHURCH– This is the oldest Church in Himachal Pradesh and is a Famous landmark on Mall Road near Kasauli bus stand. Christ church was started by Thomas John Edward in 1853 and what makes this church unique is its Design and Green colored mirror work.
- MONKEY POINT– This famous temple is located on the hill which is in the association of Hindu mythology and dedicated to Lord Hanuman.
- SUNSET POINT– This point is set at the end of Upper Mall, extending the picturesque glimpse of dawning experience of sun and horizon.
- SCANDAL POINT – This spot allows the fascinating view of the dawning sun occurrence and a clear view of the surrounding mountains.
- THE GILBERT TRAIL– This is the perfect pathway of nature with flora & fauna, to get indulge in the scenic beauty of the surrounding.
Other famous tourist hubs are Lawrence School Sanawar, Lower and Upper Malls, Toy Train Ride and many more.
After landing this mystical land, the best-budget places to stay are at:
- Sadar Bazar
- Parwanoo Kasauli Road
- Jagjit Nagar
There are various luxury resorts around the Kasauli are available for the extended stay.
*_Try out Best Himachali cuisine_*
The goodness of food is quite renowned among the Himachali region. Tannu Halwai is famous for frying delicious Band-Samosa. Gupta Provisional Store and Daily Needs Store offers exotic wines, jams, pickles. Pulao admirers can head towards Kasauli Regency restaurant which serves delightful Himachali pulao. Don’t miss worldwide famous Dumpling on the streets.
*_Best place to shop in Kasauli_*
- Tibetan Market
- Mall Road
- Kasauli Upper Mall
*_Travel Tips for Kasauli_*
- Check weather conditions Before heading towards Kasauli.
- Kasauli town is a vehicle-free zone, so get a better pair of shoe to cover the land by feet
- Always carry Id proofs along with the list of emergency numbers.
- Carry peculiar medication because of higher altitude of the region.
- Understand all the guidelines before heading towards the cable cars.
- All the shops closed by 8 pm so Don’t linger on after dark in the region