A PEACEFUL HEAVEN ON EARTH-DHARAMSHALATraveling is something to be cherished! Only travelers can understand the meaning of freedom. If you are tired from your monotonous life and seeking peace and wants to reward yourself with the amazing trip than what could be the better place than Himachal. It is the first choice for many When it comes to travel to any hills station in India and while in Himachal the best place to explore is Dharamshala where you can visit Mcleod Ganj, Bhagsunag waterfall, Triund hill, Dalai Lama Temple, Kalachakra Temple. St John Church and many other places.
Do you know why Dharamshala is the Best Weekend Gateway?
- Dharamshala welcomes you with cold breeze and loads of greenery. The scenery looks mesmerizing in all seasons. It gives you a refreshing break from the ever honking and busy city life
- It is the best place for the adventure seekers, peace and nature lovers, religious tourists, friends, and family, etc. In short, there is something for all kinds of visitors.
- It is very near to major cities like Delhi and Chandigarh. The distance from each of these cities to Dharamshala is approximately 475 km and 247 km respectively.
How to Reach Dharamshala?Here’s how you can reach here:
- By Road: This is the best and fun way to reach Dharamshala. You can, book a cab, drive yourself or take a bus. Buses are available from both Chandigarh and Delhi; Volvo buses are recommended with comfort perspective, though little expensive than state-run buses. If you’re planning to drive yourself, please remember that the route can be rough and steep.
- By Air: The close airport from Dharamshala is situated in Gaggal. It is directly linked to Delhi. Distance must be around 15km between the airport and Dharamshala. After reaching here, you can hire a cab or board a bus to reach your destination.
- By Train: Trains are easily available from cities like Delhi. However, Pathankot is the nearest major railroad from Dharamshala, at a distance of 85 km. You can easily hire buses and taxi from outside the station.
Top things to do in DharamshalaBHAGSUNAG WATERFALL The Bhagsunath waterfall is one of the best tourist attractions in the region. It starts at the base of Dhauladhar valley, which is also considered as a holy spot. It is Located on the main road which connects McLeodganj and Dharamshala.
TRIUND HILLIf you love trekking, this place you must visit. Triund Hill is located in the laps of Dhauladhar Mountains. It allows you to experience the heavenly view of the Kangra Valley on one side and Dhauladhar Mountains on the other. You can visit here for the most part of the year, except in the months of January and February, when the lane to Triund is cut off by heavy snowfall. DALAI LAMA TEMPLE one must Visit the holy town famous for the Dalai Lama Temple” Mcleodgang” in Dharamshala worth your time and money. The Dalai Lama Temple is located at the main temple road. You will find the residence of the holy Dalai Lama right next to the temple. KALACHAKRA TEMPLE The Kalachakra Temple is located next to the famous Tsuglagkhang Temple. It is open to the public as the center for pilgrimage. The paintings and architecture of the temple represent Tibet’s ironic spiritual and artistic ethnicity. This temple is used as the center for public teaching by Dalai Lama. ST JOHN CHURCH St John church is one of the popular tourist attractions in the region that you must visit. The Belgian stained glass windows of this church give it a certain degree of a European look. The wife of British viceroy Lord Elgin donated these famed glass windows to the church authority.
Best Time to Visit DharmashalaDharamsala in SUMMER– From March till June Visiting Dharamsala in summers because is preferable for those who love outdoor activities like sightseeing and trekking, and it also provides an escape from the pollution and noise of the cities. In this month, temperature ranges from 20° C to 35° C. Dharamsala in MONSOON – From July till September Visiting Dharmashala in monsoon allow you to enjoy the romantic weather. You will find the greenery around the hills at this time. The temperature normally ranges from 18° C to 22° C. The weather will remain cold in the evening, but the humidity remains high. Most tourists do not prefer to visit this time as the roads get jammed at times due to heavy rainfall. Dharamsala in AUTUMN – From September till November The autumn starts once the monsoon rains, around mid-September. The pleasant weather is perfect for various outdoor activities including sightseeing. The weather gets cold in night, so it is advisable to carry clothes accordingly. Dharamsala in From DECEMBER TILL FEBRUARY In winters the temperature in Dharamshalanormally ranges from 4° C to 7 ° C. Therefore, this chilling winter season is the best time for honeymoon trips, enjoy the view of the white-blanketed town. And you can enjoy the snow till the month of January. So what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and travel the Himalayas Have a memorable Journey!